FACTS & FIGURES
- Set in Southern Europe
- Over 76 million visitors in 2015 – Among World’s Top 5 destinations
- Boot-like peninsula stretches into the Mediterranean
- Area covers less than 1/3 of Ontario
- 7500 km of coastline – two mountain ranges (Alps & Apennines)
- 1500 km from snow capped Alps to crystal waters of Sicily
- Temperate Mediterranean Climate
- Culturally diverse cities & charming towns
- Elevated hospitality know-how & keen business sense
- Variety of incoming structures and experiences
POPULATION & ECONOMY
- Population of 62 Million
- Languages Spoken – Italian (English in the international business and travel sector)
- Currency: €/Euro – Founding member of the European Union
- Highly developed modern economy, 3rd in Europe and 8th in the world
- Called the “Bel Paese” for its natural and manmade beauties
- Renowned for creative and innovative businesses, “Made in Italy”
- Influential and high-quality automobile, machinery, food, design and fashion industry.
- Ferrari, Lamborghini, Maserati (Bologna factories in 30 km radius) Alfa Romeo, Fiat, Ducati, Vespa
- Armani, Versace, Gucci, Fendi, Dolce & Gabana, Ferragamo, Prada, Valentino, Loro Piana, Bulgari
- World’s largest wine producer
- Tourism, a growth sector, is around 10% of GDP.
- 30 major air- and 43 seaports
- 6500 km of highways and 16500 km of railways
- High speed rail network for efficient national and international travel.
HISTORY & CULTURE
- Constitutional Republic
- Over 3000 years of civilization – Home to 50 UNESCO World Heritage Sites
- Diverse territory was home to Roman Empire, Etruscans, Lombards, Spaniards, Arabs, Goths
- Renaissance and Baroque Periods dominating European art, music, science, religion
- Italian Genius: Leonardo DaVinci, Michelangelo, Raphael, Giotto, Francis of Assisi (Italy’s Patron Saint), Dante, Bernini, Galileo, Verdi, Puccini, Volta, Marconi and many more
- Standout destinations – Venice, Florence, Rome & Vatican, Milan, the Amalfi Coast, Sicily
- Hidden gems in 30 Regions
- 334 Michelin Star Restaurants with most in Lombardy – Milan, and Campania (Amalfi Coast)
- Over 1200 opera theaters (18th & 19th Centuries) from large, stately to 25 seat intimates.
- High level hospitality infrastructure
- Welcoming culture, and unbeatable food & wine offerings
- Home to Pizza & Pasta, Mozzarella, Barolo, Chianti, Grappa and Limoncello, Gelato, Cappuccino
- Uncompromising attention to quality and authenticity (state certified)
- “La Dolce Vita”, the Sweet Life
With its diversified and spread out Meeting & Conferencing infrastructure, serving national and international entities, Italy provides the perfect destination for MICE events of any size. It delivers practical solutions with stunning backdrops, incorporating the business punch and the WOW effect your clients need.
EMI Meetings & Incentiveshttp://www.emi-dmcitaly.com
EMI knows how to produce that WOW factor, using their privileged relationships and network to open up very special doors. From an exclusive after hours tour of the Sistine Chapel, to group transfers by Ferrari or on vintage Vespas, from a behind the scenes look at a Venetian mask-makers atelier, to learning the art of pasta-making in an ancient Palazzo or pizza in an authentic pizzeria, EMI’s boutique operation delivers engaging and unforgettable experiences.
Chantal and her staff have been providing creative and unique programs that showcase Italy since 1986. They offer a complete range of destination management services to Incentive Houses, Meeting and Conference Planners and Specialized Group Operators alike. EMI has built its reputation on attention to detail, an experienced, multi-national staff, and a most creative flair. It is their greatest wish to deliver an Italian experience that reflects the needs of the client, creating cost-effective memories and building relationships that last a lifetime.
Contact us to receive high resolution images like these and more.